Click on any category:
- Getting started with white papers
- White paper planning
- White paper research
- White paper writing
- White paper design
- White paper promotions
- Case study tips & tactics
- Book reviews (recommended titles)
- Getting started with B2B content writing
Getting started with white papers?
Check out these helpful articles:
- White Paper FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How to generate leads with a white paper:
tips from TechTarget
- “King of Content” infographic
- White Papers For Dummies cheat sheet
- How to pick the perfect flavor for your next white white paper: a 15-page special report
White paper planning
- What is a white paper anyway?
- 3 strikes against thought leadership
- 4 wild beasts that white paper writers must tame
- 6 success factors for white papers
- An idea-generating machine for white papers
- Does your company need a white paper?
- Finding a white paper topic
- For best results, don’t rush a white paper
- For white papers, size does matter
- How I sold $20 million of software with a “special report”
- How to pick the perfect flavor for your next white paper: a 15-page special report
- How to plan a numbered list
- How to plan a product backgrounder
- How to plan a problem/solution white paper
- How to structure a problem/solution white paper: a 4-part series
- Know your audience for a white paper
- Let the writers write
- Must-do #1: Hold a kickoff call
- Must-do #2: Create an executive summary
- Must-do #3: Wrap up the project properly
- White papers vs blog posts
- White papers vs brochures
- White papers vs case studies
- White papers vs e-books
- White papers vs press releases
- White paper success story: Vircom
- When is a white paper NOT a white paper?
- Video and slideshare white papers: Do they work?
White paper research
White paper writing
White paper design
White paper promotions
Case study tips & tactics
Book reviews (recommended titles)
I highly recommend all the titles listed here, and you can read why in these mini-reviews.
- Crafting Whitepaper 2.0
- No Time Marketing
- The White Paper Marketing Handbook
- White Papers For Dummies
- Writing White Papers
- Yahoo Style Guide
Getting started with B2B content writing
Web editors and online publishers
Would you like to use any of these articles? I’m happy to share them with you.
Just let me know by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please include the following blurb at the end of the article:
“That White Paper Guy” is Gordon Graham, author of White Papers For Dummies. For more tips and best practices on white papers, visit http://www.thatwhitepaperguy.com
All my content on this site is protected by international copyright laws and all my rights are reserved. Please don’t steal; just ask.