I’m an award-winning writer who’s done hundreds of B2B content projects…
for household names like Google, Intuit, and Verizon
plus many smaller companies with big ideas.
- Worked on 312 white papers since 1997
- Also wrote hundreds of case studies
- Published close to 1,000 magazine articles for everyone from accountants to woodworkers
- Edited the leading newsletter for software executives for five years, SoftwareCEO.com
- Wrote dozens of technical manuals on software and hardware
- Taught writing at two universities
- Gave 75+ workshops on writing
- Delivered in-house training to firms such as Cisco, Ericsson and Sprint
Awards and accolades
- Called “the world’s top white paper expert” by B2B marketing consultant Steve Slaunwhite
- Called “the reigning guru of white papers” by author Peter Bowerman
- White Papers For Dummies named one of top 7 books by Content Marketing Institute
- Won 14 awards from the Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- Named “Copywriter of the Year 2019” by AWAI, the world’s leading trainer of professional copywriters
From startup to acquisition
Unlike most copywriters, I know first-hand about being a busy marketing manager.
I served as VP Marketing for a successful software startup; in three years, I helped grow revenues from $250,000 to $14 million.
And using white papers helped us “eat the lunch” of much larger competitors. Then I helped write the business plan used to sell the company at a good valuation.
From startup to acquisition: Not many copywriters have been there, done that.
My passion for excellence
With all the noise in the marketplace, it’s not good enough for a white paper to be “just okay.”
To get noticed, your white paper has to be great.
But most white papers are not nearly as engaging or persuasive as they could be. I think that’s a shame.
And since 2001, I’ve tried to help B2B companies turn that around.
I’ve done research, written a stream of articles, published the leading book on the subject, and made dozens of presentations to creative professionals on how to make white papers better.
How can I help?
Whether you need a white paper planned, written or revised, I am “that white paper guy” for you.