About That White Paper Guy
My story: That White Paper Guy
Hi, I’m Gordon Graham.
I’m an award-winning writer who’s done hundreds of B2B white papers.
I’ve written for giant firms like 3M, Google, and Verizon… plus many smaller companies with big ideas.
My work credentials
- Worked on 312 white papers since 1997
- Wrote hundreds of case studies
- Did 1,000 magazine articles for everyone from accountants to woodworkers
- Edited the leading newsletter for software executives, SoftwareCEO.com
- Wrote dozens of technical manuals on software and hardware
- Taught technical and marketing writing at two universities
- Gave 100+ workshops and webinars on professional writing
- Delivered in-house training to firms like Cisco, Ericsson, and Sprint
My awards and accolades
- Called “the world’s top white paper expert” by B2B expert Steve Slaunwhite
- Called “the reigning guru of white papers” by author Peter Bowerman
- White Papers For Dummies earned 60+ 5-star reviews on Amazon
- Won 14 awards from Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- Named AWAI 2019 Copywriter of the Year
My journey from startup to acquisition
Unlike most copywriters, I know first-hand the pressures of being a B2B marketing manager.
I served as VP Marketing for a successful software startup; in three years, I helped grow revenues from $250,000 to $14 million.
Using white papers helped us “eat the lunch” of much larger competitors.
Then I helped write the business plan and do the slide deck used to sell the company at a good valuation.
Not many copywriters have been through the whole cycle from startup to acquisition.
My passion for excellence
With all the noise in the market, it’s not good enough for a white paper to be “okay.”
To get noticed, your white paper has to be great.
But most white papers are not nearly as engaging or persuasive as they could be. I think that’s a shame.
For 20 years, I’ve helped B2B companies turn that around.
I’ve done research, written a stream of articles, published the leading book on the subject, and made dozens of presentations to creative professionals on how to make white papers better.
My fresh challenge
These days, I’m moving on to a fresh challenge: Building tools, templates, and training to package my knowledge.
That way, I can help more people take white papers to a whole new level.
I’m still doing white paper planning and revising draft white papers where I can make a big difference and add a lot of value.
If you think I can help with your project, e-mail me at Gordon at ThatWhitePaperGuy.com
I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Let’s keep on making great white papers!