Responsible AI Policies
I believe every organization should develop and post AI policies on their website.
This manifesto was originally created by the Marketing AI Institute.
That White Paper Guy agrees with all the following principles.
- We believe in the responsible design, development, deployment, and operation of AI technologies.
- We believe in a human-centered approach to AI that empowers and augments professionals. AI technologies should be assistive, not autonomous.
- We believe that humans remain accountable for all decisions and actions, even when assisted by AI. The human must remain in the loop in all AI applications.
- We believe in the critical role of human knowledge, experience, emotion, and imagination in creativity, and we seek to explore and promote emerging career paths and opportunities for creative professionals.
- We believe in the power of language, images, and videos to educate, influence, and affect change. We commit to never knowingly using generative AI technology to deceive; to produce content for the sole benefit of financial gain; or to spread falsehoods, misinformation, disinformation, or propaganda.
- We believe in understanding the limitations and dangers of AI and considering those factors in all our decisions and actions.
- We believe that transparency in data collection and AI usage is essential in order to maintain the trust of our audiences and stakeholders.
- We believe in personalization without invasion of privacy, including strict adherence to data privacy laws, mitigation of privacy risks for consumers, and following our moral compass when legal precedent lags behind AI innovation.
- We believe in intelligent automation without dehumanization and the potential of AI to have profound benefits for humanity and society.
- We believe in an open approach to sharing our AI research, knowledge, ideas, experiences, and processes in order to advance the industry and society.
- We believe in the importance of upskilling and reskilling professionals and using AI to build more fulfilling careers and lives.
- We believe in partnering with organizations and people who share our principles.
That White Paper Guy
How we use AI at That White Paper Guy
In accord with principle 7, here is how I’m using AI today.
As of early 2023, I am experimenting with AI in my own projects.
And I am testing AI with certain client projects with the complete agreement of the client.
My clients understand that I will never deliver any content solely generated by AI; I will always revise it extensively to represent my best human effort.
I am using AI for the following tasks:
- to brainstorm ideas
- to provide quick overviews of new domains (just as I might use Wikipedia or Google)
- to summarize long reports, which I generally read myself
- to draft blog posts, which I always edit extensively
- to draft experimental white papers, which I always identify as such
- to revise first drafts written by myself, AI, or someone else
I am using free or paid versions of these AI products:
- new Bing
- ChatGPT Plus
Note that since this field is moving so quickly, this list may not be 100% complete or up to date.
Originally posted April 3, 2023. Last updated May 4, 2023.
← Quick tip: With AI, tackle your most significant tasks firstQuick tip: Stop charging by the hour! →
Leave a Comment